Where to get tested for Covid-19?
Last update 07.04.2021
State-paid Covid-19 testing is currently available for extended groups of people. If you have symptoms of the disease (signs of an acute respiratory infection, fever, olfactory disturbances, loss of taste, etc.), you can get tested for Covid-19 for free and without a doctor’s referral.
Persons who have returned to Latvia from the United Kingdom or the Republic of South Africa can also get tested if they have no symptoms of the disease.
Getting tested is only possible by prior appointment!
From 17 March, persons returning from non-essential travel to third countries must take the Covid-19 test at their own expense. In case of a positive result, person must immediately begin a 10-day self-isolation at a hotel, staying there at own expense. Find out more!
Book a visit to a Covid-19 testing site by phone:
- Phone for centralised Covid-19 testing - 8303
- Central Laboratory - 8330
- E. Gulbja Laboratory - 67801112
- MFD Laboratory - 8313
- NMS Laboratory - 67144015
- State Scientific Institute "BIOR" - 28369560
- Opening hours of phone lines and testing sites are available on the National Health Service website.
- Book a visit to a Covid-19 testing site electronically:
- Riga Eastern Clinical University Hospital website - https://www.aslimnica.lv/pieraksts.php
- E. Gulbja Laboratory website - https://www.egl.lv/autorizacija/?auth
- Central Laboratory website - https://pieraksts.laboratorija.lv/
On the MFD Healthcare Group website: http://www.mfd.lv/lv/covid-19
On the State Scientific Institute "BIOR" website: https://bior.lv/lv/form/covid
For submitting samples, you can also use the contact-free sample receiving/submitting machines located in the following places:
- Brīvības gatve 366, Rīga, LV-1006
- Terminal E, Airport “Riga”, Marupe, LV-1053
- Finiera street 6, Bolderaja, Riga, LV-1016
- Sūru street 2, Kuldiga, LV-3301
- Pilsoņu iela 13, Rīga, LV-1002 (available only to PSKUS employees)
The contactless dispense/collect machine is available every day, 24 hours a day (00-24).
The testing price for the SARS-CoV-2 saliva sample is €29.00.
Find out more!
You can find the testing sites and information on each of them on an interactive map: "COVID-19 testing sites in Latvia".
In turn, the results of Covid-19 tests are available on the E-health portal, as well as on the websites of testing service providers. To view the results in E-health, open www.eveseliba.gov.lv in the internet browser, and select "Connect" and "Resident". After logging in to the system, the testing results message will be displayed in the "My results" section.