Who can be tested for COVID-19 for free?
Last update 12.01.2021
From 19 December to 25 January, residents may also get tested for Covid-19 without a doctor's referral if they have symptoms of the disease (signs of an acute respiratory infection, fever, olfactory disturbances, loss of taste, etc.). Persons who have returned to Latvia from the United Kingdom or the Republic of South Africa can be tested also if they have no symptoms of the disease.
Book a visit to a Covid-19 testing site by phone:
- Phone for centralised Covid-19 testing - 8303
- Central Laboratory - 8330
- E. Gulbja Laboratory - 67801112
- MFD Laboratory - 66164606
- NMS Laboratory - 67144015
- State Scientific Institute "BIOR" - 28369560
- Opening hours of phone lines and testing sites are available on the National Health Service website.
- Book a visit to a Covid-19 testing site electronically:
- Riga Eastern Clinical University Hospital website - https://www.aslimnica.lv/pieraksts.php
- E. Gulbja Laboratory website - https://www.egl.lv/autorizacija/?auth
- Central Laboratory - send an e-mail to email@example.com indicating your name, surname and your telephone number and the laboratory staff will contact you to agree on the testing time and place.
Testing without the doctor’s referral will also be available after the above-mentioned period if the application has been submitted before 10 January (inclusive).
You can find the testing sites and information on each of them on an interactive map: "COVID-19 testing sites in Latvia".
In turn, the results of Covid-19 tests are available on the E-health portal, as well as on the websites of testing service providers. To view the results in E-health, open www.eveseliba.gov.lv in the internet browser, and select "Connect" and "Resident". After logging in to the system, the testing results message will be displayed in the "My results" section.