Where to get tested for Covid-19?
Last update 03.08.2022
If you have symptoms of illness and need to wait until you are tested for Covid-19, it is recommended that you stay at home and limit contact with others, do not visit public places, attend events. If possible, go to do the test in a private car and use a medical face mask or unvalved respirator with a safety grade FFP2 - FFP3.
State-paid professional antigen tests are more often used to detect Covid-19. A testing certificate, and in the case of positive professional antigen test results, also a Covid-19 recovery certificate, is issued to the person.
State-paid PCR tests are only performed after a doctor's referral in cases where there is an increased risk or the test result affects the course of treatment (for seniors, before surgery or hospitalisation, for health and social care workers).
The possibility remains to take self-paid PCR tests.
Screening tests to prevent large-scale outbreaks in a timely manner continue in medical institutions, social care facilities, prisons and special education establishments.
Book a visit to a Covid-19 testing site by phone:
- Phone for centralised Covid-19 testing - 8303
- Central Laboratory - +371 67334433
- E. Gulbja Laboratory - +371 67801112
- MFD Laboratory - +371 66164601
- NMS Laboratory - +371 67144015
- State Scientific Institute "BIOR" - +371 28369560
- Labaratory "BIOCON" - +371 20006062
- SIA "Veselības centrs 4" (Health Center 4 Ltd.) Laboratory - +371 67298500
- Laboratory "iVF Riga Ģenētikas Laboratorija" - +371 25444405
- Opening hours of phone lines and testing sites are available on the National Health Service website.
Book a visit to a Covid-19 testing site electronically:
- Riga Eastern Clinical University Hospital website
- E. Gulbja Laboratory website
- Central Laboratory website
- On the MFD Healthcare Group website
- Labaratory "BIOCON" firstname.lastname@example.org
- On the State Scientific Institute "BIOR" website
- SIA "Veselības centrs 4" (Health Center 4 Ltd.) Laboratory email@example.com
For submitting samples, you can also use the contact-free sample receiving/submitting machines located in the following places:
- Brīvības gatve 366, Rīga;
- Grostonas street 6B, Riga;
- Terminal E, Airport “Riga”, Marupe;
- Finiera street 6, Bolderaja, Riga;
- Viestura street 22, Jūrmala;
- Sūru street 2, Kuldiga;
- Rīgas gatve 5, Ādaži;
- Driksas street 7, Jelgava;
- Rīgas street 19, Valmiera;
- Rakstvežu street 8, Liepāja;
- Stacijas street 45 (ice hall), Daugavpils;
- Saules street 6, Madona.
The contactless dispense/collect machine is available every day, 24 hours a day (00-24).
Find out more on the website of E. Gulbja laboratory: Automated clinical analysis dispense/collect machines
You can find the testing sites and information on each of them on an interactive map: "Covid-19 testing sites in Latvia".
In turn, the results of Covid-19 tests are available on the E-health portal, as well as on the websites of testing service providers. To view the results in E-health, open www.eveseliba.gov.lv in the internet browser, and select "Connect" and "Resident". After logging in to the system, the testing results message will be displayed in the "My results" section.