Processing of personal data
Last update 08.05.2020
Your privacy and data protection are of paramount importance to the State Chancellery. The public administration advocates the openness and transparency. In order to ensure that you can feel safe by disclosing your personal data to us, we have developed this manual, which sets out how and for what purposes personal data is processed by the State Chancellery.
The State Chancellery processes your personal data in line with the confidentiality requirements, and takes care of the security of the data in our possession. The State Chancellery uses various security measures to prevent unauthorized access to data, disclosure of data or other inappropriate use of personal data. Our institution ensures proper handling, storage, and integrity of data with an appropriate level of security. Accordingly, we use proportionate and appropriate physical, technical and administrative procedures and tools to protect the aggregated and processed personal data. The security measures are being continuously improved in accordance with the set security requirements.
You have the right to withdraw, at any time, your consent to the collection, processing and use of your personal data. The State Chancellery will assess your claims in accordance with its legal interests. If the personal data is no longer required for the previously defined purposes of processing, the data will be deleted.
The State Chancellery is responsible for personal data, and processes the data by means that have to prevent the misuse, unauthorized disclosure and alteration of personal data.
The following personal data is available to the State Chancellery for further processing in electronic and paper form:
- General contact details, name, surname, address, telephone number and e-mail address.
- Photos, videos and voice recordings taken at the State Chancellery and during public events outside our premises.
- To ensure security, video surveillance is carried out in the complex of buildings.
- Information on the education of natural persons, work experience, current employment, positions, professional activities, political affiliations, interests, date of birth, age, gender and other personal data.
- The data on access by registered and public users, user name, information selection parameters, traffic information and IP address information are available in the information systems under the supervision of the State Chancellery. We compare the obtained IP address with Geographic Map Service Data to find out your approximate location.
We implement the personal data protection with data encryption tools, firewall protection, and other security solutions for detection of breaches of data network security.
We store your personal data only as long as they are needed for the purposes for which they were obtained. The employees who have access to personal data have been instructed to operate with them in accordance with our institution’s regulatory framework for data security.
If you visit the State Chancellery, take part in events organized by our institution and do not want to be photographed or filmed, please inform us in advance.
Aldis Apsītis (e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, phone: 67082958) is responsible for the personal data processing at the State Chancellery. If you have any questions or claims regarding the processing and protection of personal data in our institution, do not hesitate to report to the State Chancellery's e-mail: email@example.com where this information will be registered and evaluated, or contact the person who is responsible for the personal data processing.