Foreigner vaccination in Latvia
Last update 20.05.2021
Covid-19 vaccination in Latvia is also provided to foreigners who are permanently residing, working, or studying in Latvia. Vaccination is available to foreigners with a permanent or temporary residence permit in Latvia, students, persons with health insurance or an S1 form, employees of diplomatic and international organisations and their family members, stateless persons, and refugees or asylum seekers, whose status is confirmed by documents issued in Latvia. If a foreigner has been issued a personal identification code and has Internet banking access in Latvia, they can apply on the manavakcina.lv website; in other cases they can apply by calling 8989.
The right of a foreigner to be vaccinated against Covid-19 can be proven by various documents depending on the person’s status in Latvia.
Vaccination is available for:
- persons with a permanent or temporary residence permit in Latvia;
- foreign students studying full-time, proven by a student card or a certificate of studies issued by the educational institution;
- persons who are employed in Latvia and for whom social insurance contributions are paid, or self-employed persons whose income reaches the amount of mandatory contributions specified by the Cabinet of Ministers;
- persons who have received an S1 form in a Member State of the European Union (EU), a country of the European Economic Area (EEA), or in Switzerland and have registered it with the National Health Service (NVD);
- persons who can present a decision of the NVD, confirming the person’s right to receive full state-paid health care services in Latvia.
Vaccination is also available for refugees with a refugee travel document; stateless persons who have been granted this status in the Republic of Latvia and have a stateless person’s travel document; asylum seekers who have an asylum seeker document issued by the State Border Guard, as well as detainees who have been detained on the basis of a detention protocol.
Vaccination against Covid-19 is also provided to employees of foreign diplomatic and consular representations, international organisations and their representations accredited and residing in Latvia, as well as to their family members. Vaccination is also available for officials or employees of EU institutions, bodies, and agencies that are members of the Joint Sickness Insurance Scheme (staff of the BEREC Office) and for their dependants.
More information about the vaccination procedure for foreigners and the necessary documents: https://www.vmnvd.gov.lv/lv/personas-kam-apmaksa-covid-19-vakcinacijas-pakalpojumu