Informative page about the spread of Covid-19 in Latvia
Covid-19 Frequently Asked Questions and Answers
Grant for the working capital flow
Downtime allowance for companies and their employees
Allowance for part-time employee salary subsidies
Support for self-employed and patent payers
How does one apply for the allowance?
Distance selling and e-commerce are not restricted, incl. the delivery of goods at home and via parcel machines, as well as the receipt of goods in stores.
The wholesale of any goods in wholesale trade bases, which are necessary for both retail stores and the operation of companies, production, etc. is not interrupted.
In order to effectively plan the workload and capacity of vaccination centres, it is possible to apply for the Covid-19 vaccine early.
There are four ways for inhabitants of Latvia to register for the vaccine:
- on the website www.manavakcina.lv;
- by calling the toll-free number 8989;
- employers will be able to submit lists of their employees (people are still invited to apply individually without waiting for their employer to make an application);
- with the help of a GP.
One of the ways for inhabitants of Latvia to apply for the vaccine against Covid-19 is using by the website www.manavakcina.lv
- Persons in priority groups will receive the vaccine first
- The rest of the applications received within one calendar month will be processed equally, and on a random basis
- The website www.manavakcina.lv are also available in Russian
Toll Free Number 8989
- Only to register for the vaccine.
- When making a call, citizens must identify themselves with their personal identification number and name/surname and provide their telephone number and/or e-mail address.
- You can also provide a second phone number - belonging to another person close to you - to feel confident that you will actually be reached when it is time to get vaccinated.
Yes, the sales restriction also applies to street sales and market sales.
In order to reduce the gathering of people indoors, thus limiting the spread of Covid-19 in the community, the following services will not be provided until 6 April:
- beauty care, piercing and tattoo services (from 01.03.2021 it is allowed to provide manicure, pedicure, podiatrist, and hairdresser services),
- indoor sports equipment rental,
- on-site photo services (except for the performance of work duties and production of photographs for documents, as well as from 01.03.2021 it is allowed to provide individual photo services outdoors),
- entertainment and well-being services (including bars, nightclubs, discos, water parks, saunas, spas, skating rinks, game halls, children’s party venues, entertainment and amusement centres, trampoline parks, children’s playrooms, day-care rooms (including in shopping centres)),
- indoor sports club activities,
- there will be no drive hunting,
- organization of trade fairs,
- indoor operation of cultural and exhibition venues, incl. in libraries (except for open-air areas of museums, which can work to ensure one-way movement of visitors, non-meeting of human flows, and maintain a two meters distance),
- on-site catering services (except for takeaway food and on-site catering in production companies, educational establishments where it is necessary to ensure that the place of catering is not publicly accessible, flows of groups of persons not meeting on daily basis do not overlap, only one person is present at one table during the catering, a distance of two meters is maintained between tables).
From 1 March, the following beauty care services will be gradually resumed, subject to enhanced safety measures: manicure, pedicure, podologist, hairdresser.
From 1 March, the provision of individual photo services to natural persons in the open air will be allowed, in compliance with the epidemiological safety requirements in force in the country regarding distance and the number of people. Learn more!
If the provision of the service is not possible without the purchase of goods, for example, the purchase and installation of new tyres or car parts in a car repair shop, then the sale of goods is allowed.
Distance sales and e-commerce of any goods are allowed - the purchase of goods with a distance agreement, delivery at home and via parcel machines, as well as the delivery and receipt of goods in stores is allowed, adhering to safety preconditions.