Support for self-isolation in tourist accommodation
Last update 02.04.2021
Given the high prevalence of the Covid-19 infection and the need to limit the spread of the infection among households, the support programme to persons with a confirmed Covid-19 infection and their contact persons will be extended. The changes in the programme envisage state co-financing for the provision of catering services, as well as the extension of the programme until 31 May of this year.
Co-financing for self-isolation in hotels can be received by:
- Covid-19 patient contact persons;
- Covid-19 patients with mild symptoms;
- Covid-19 patients after receiving inpatient treatment but still with symptoms;
One accompanying adult for a Covid-19 patient contact person who is a minor.
Amount and duration of support:
- 80% of accommodation costs, but not more than 35 euros per day;
- 80% of catering costs, but not more than 10 euros per day;
- if a Covid-19 patient or a contact person who is accommodated is a minor, one accompanying adult may receive the same amount of support;
- the person pays the tourist accommodation 20% of the amount for both accommodation and catering;
- the duration of accommodation is 14 days or otherwise specified in a doctor’s statement. Based on the doctor’s statement, the duration of the stay might be extended to another 14 days.
How to apply for self-isolation or quarantine in a hotel?
- Select a tourist accommodation on the LIAA website
- Contact the tourist accommodation and make a reservation based on a doctor’s statement/extract or a note on the e-health portal (printout or screenshot). Find out more by writing to email@example.com
- Observe the epidemiological requirements for contact persons and Covid-19 patients specified at www.spkc.gov.lv (you must submit the doctor’s statement to the tourist accommodation within 5 days).