After arrival in Latvia
Last update 23.10.2020
If you are a Latvian national, permanent resident, or foreigner and, in the last 14 days, you have not visited a country where the 14-day cumulative number of Covid-19 cases per 100,000 inhabitants doesn't exceed 82,7 people, you are not required to self-isolate. The list of countries is published on the website of the Centre for Disease Prevention and Control and is updated every Friday.
However, if you have arrived from a “safe” country by transiting through an “unsafe country”, then you must observe self-isolation; in order to avoid self-isolation, you must choose a different return route.
Self-isolation is not required for Lithuanian or Estonian nationals transiting Latvia.
Persons who had previously returned from "safe" countries and have been observing self-isolation are not required to carry on with it and are allowed to only follow the social distancing rules and other epidemiological instructions.
If you have returned to Latvia from an "unsafe" country - i.e., a country where the 14-day cumulative number of Covid-19 cases exceeds 82,7 people per 100,000 inhabitants (see list here) - or from a country outside of the EU, EEA, or Switzerland, you must observe self-isolation, proceeding as follows:
- Fill in the questionnaire Covidpass.lv, confirming that you will comply with all of the precautionary measures and follow the restrictions in force;
- Immediately go to the premises where you will be self-isolating. Avoid any direct or indirect physical contact with other people and monitor your health closely for the next 10 days to see if any symptoms of the virus appear.
- Whether you experience any signs of an acute respiratory infection or not, apply for a test by calling 8303 or +37167334433 and get tested for COVID-19.
- If you experience any Covid-19 symptoms, immediately go to premises where you are completely isolated from other people and call 8303.
- If you experience severe Covid-19 symptoms, call 113 immediately!
- Under no circumstance should you go to a medical institution without notifying them via phone beforehand!
- You must not use public transport for a period of 10 days after your return.
- You must not receive guests, go on private visits, or make direct contact with other people in any other way. Basic necessities and food must be purchased using home delivery services or with the help of relatives who then leave the purchases at your door;
- If there are no other solutions and you have to go to the store yourself, you must do this during off-peak hours, wearing a face mask and keeping a distance of 2 meters from other people in the store.
More detailed information and instructions are available on the website of the Centre for Disease Prevention and Control.
Failure to comply with self-isolation at the place of work and during working hours
Exceptions shall be acceptable to those foreign inhabitants from risk countries, whose:
- arrival in Latvia is required for fulfilment of the liabilities of Latvian merchants (these persons may not be subject to self-isolation during the time and at the place of performance of work duties);
- arrival in Latvia is required for the organization of cultural services and public events;
- purpose of arrival in Latvia is participation in international sporting events.