Last update 30.11.2020
A quarantine is a complete isolation from healthy people. This is the most important safety measure to limit the spread of COVID-19.
A quarantine (or so-called self-quarantine) isolates and restricts movement of those people who may have been at risk of becoming infected with Covid-19 but feel healthy and asymptomatic. A 14-day quarantine is mandatory and means that during its entirety the person must be at home, in a hospital, or in a special place.
WHO HAS TO COMPLY?
- Persons in contact with Covid-19 patients.
- Persons who have been instructed by an epidemiologist to stay at home in a self-quarantine must follow a number of rules.
WHO CAN IDENTIFY CONTACTS?
Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (SPKC).
Family doctor, if family members in the doctor's care are recognised as contacts of the sick person.
Educational institutions and employers in accordance with the criteria set by the Centre for Disease Prevention and Control, if the outbreak of the disease has occurred at the workplace or in an educational institution
HOW TO COMPLY?
- The contact person must stay at home, under the supervision of a GP.
- Avoid contact with other people as much as possible (do not go to work, school, public places, etc.).
- Monitor your health condition (measure your temperature twice a day, contact your GP). If you experience symptoms such as fever, cough, sore throat, or difficulty breathing, contact your GP immediately (if the situation becomes critical, call 113).
- Do not have guests.
- Use a medical face mask if you experience cough, fever, or difficulty breathing. Medical face masks prevent your infecting those around you.
- If possible, agree with your employer on working remotely (if necessary, it is possible to receive sick leave for the quarantine period).
- Clean your home and use disinfectants, especially for cleaning frequently used surfaces, toilets, and shared spaces.
FOR HOW LONG?
- For 14 days from the last time you had close contact with the patient. If the person lives together with the patient, the 14-day countdown starts from the day the patient recovers. Contact persons may terminate home quarantine if they test negative on the 10th day of their quarantine period.
IS SICK LEAVE POSSIBLE?
Yes, if necessary for the quarantine period.